7+1 reasons why your domains suck!
If you have high expectations about your domains, but nothing much comes out of it, day after day and month after month, I have news for you: your domains suck!
Don’t get mad at the messenger, bro! Just telling you that any enterprise that makes little or no money, needs to be ‘rebooted‘.
A business plan that leads nowhere, is a fool’s plan.
You may ask, why do my domains suck, Lucius?
There are several reasons for that, and I’m stating a few below.
Study this list hard, then do something about it!
- Your domains are junk ‘dictionary’ words. Not every word in the dictionary has a real world use. Get jiggy with it!
- Your domains are typos that get little or no type-ins. The days of typo traffic are long gone, a lot of browsers and Google auto-correct stuff as you type.
- You entered a particular niche too late, and the market is sucked dry. Just like the infamous “I drink your milkshake” scene. Google it.
- The TLD you are focusing on is second, third or lesser tier – as opposed to the almighty .com.
- If you’re holding onto trademark domains, sooner or later they will be pushed out by legitimate venues in Google and other search engines. Don’t do it, bro.
- Facebook pages that match your domains became very popular. This is a phenomenon that can affect a lot of brandables. You need to sell before they take the Facebook way.
- You devalued your domains by offering them everywhere for sale: forums, brokers, flippers, your mom. Hold them locked up like a virgin in a harem, next time.
- Rick Schwartz says so!
If you finally figured out your domains suck, the only way out is to let them go: drop them, sell them cheap, donate them to the Domainers Anonymous brotherhood.
But don’t renew them, unless you want to be known as the guy with a lot of domains that suck.
You’ll thank me later.