ICANN document leaks some of the gTLD applications
An ICANN document leaks some of the gTLD applications that are expected to be announced tomorrow.
Thanks to Bob Pappas, independent investigator for ‘Gator Trails’ – a small research firm in Tallahassee, FL – the list has been retrieved from the bin of ICANN garbage in Marina del Rey.
This non-exhaustive list was scribbled on a napkin from ‘Sushilicious‘, a regular eat-out spot popular with start-up executives, including outgoing ICANN CEO, Rod Beckstrom.
Here’s a part of the list which we publish in exclusivity, unedited:
- .Bananas – Applicant: Dole Inc.
- .Geriatrics – Applicant: Hugh Hefner Enterprises
- .Viagra – Applicant: Cialis corporation (obviously, an attempt to thwart the competition)
- .Kosher, .Blogs and .Dogs – Applicant: E. Silver
- .Earth, .Moon, .Mars, .Pluto and .Prometheus – Applicant: NASA (a budget cut won’t allow them to apply for the entire solar system)
- .JohnBerryhill – Applicant: John Berryhill (obviously, a defensive registration)
- .Drachma – Applicant: The Greek government (read coverage here)
- .Adult, .Sex and .Porn – Applicant: The Vatican
- .Domains – Applicant: Mike Berkens
- .Mann – Applicant: Mike Mann
- .Mike – Applicant: Mike Berkens and Mike Mann (contested application)
There are several more gTLDs listed on that ICANN list but we will leave these for tomorrow’s official release!