Quick and dirty guide: How to become an instant domainer!
A lot of computer geeks aspire to become domainers, particularly after uber-domainer, Mike Mann, broke the world record of single day domain registrations.
How does one become a domainer overnight? What are the steps to follow in order to become a domainer and reap the fruit of domain success?
- First, you need a domain as your brand. Any domain will do, e.g. MySexyDomainPortfolio.com – make sure you use GoDaddy to register it.
- Sign up at a couple of domain forums. E.g.: DNForum.com, NamePros, DomainState.
- Start posting: “How much is MySexyDomainPortfolio.com worth?” and gauge your success in registering your first domain.
- Start a blog, preferably at a free provider such as Blogspot. Call it MySexyDomainPortfolio.blogspot.com
- Make sure you put your blog in your forum signature link. Make it large. Then start posting in every thread, so that others can see “MySexyDomainPortfolio.com – Visit my domain blog” daily.
- Sign up for Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. Start friending everyone who is a friend of a friend of a domainer. Soon, you amass a large followship of “friends” you’ve never met in your life.
- Evaluate domains of others. Be vague, e.g. “This domain is worth a lot.” Make sure you “like” everyone’s thread or post.
- Follow DNJournal’s list of weekly domain sales. Register every domain that gets listed by prefixing “The” to it. Make sure you only register .com’s.
- Talk a lot about TRAFFIC and Rick Schwartz, even though you’ve never been to a domain conference nor shaken hands with Rick.
- Print business cards that read “MySexyDomainPortfolio – Established Domain Investing Services” and pass them around at every store you visit.
- Read DomainGang daily. This is the only guaranteed way to learn a thing or two about domaining