The World Intellectual Property Organization has released statistics related to the global trademark and patent applications.
Sharing data for years 2012-2013, the latest infographic shows some surprising information that brand creators, entrepreneurs and IP attorneys will find interesting:
- In 2013, 2.6 million patents were applied for globally
- Annual growth was 9% for patent applications in 2012-2013
- Of that number, 81% were filed in just five locales: China, US, Japan, South Korea, European Patent Office
- There were 7 million trademark applications, and 46% of which in five locales: China, US, European Union, France, Russian Federation
- Three industry sectors received 45% of all trademark activity: Agriculture, Research and Technology, Clothing.
- There were 1.2 million industrial design applications, of which 75% were in five locales: China, European Union, South Korea, Germany, Turkey
For the full infographic by WIPO, click here to view in PDF format.
Copyright © 2017 DomainGang.com · All Rights Reserved.