MotherBoardNews.com – Cole Mason’s virtual baby hits it big
What’s a motherboard?
In the old days of complicated computer hardware, the primary – hence, mother – board contained in a computer was named the “motherboard”. Back in the day, several other boards sat atop the motherboard but those days are long gone.
These days, motherboards come in a variety of shapes, features and can be classified in two main categories, depending which CPU they utilize: AMD or Intel.
Cole gave us the timeline of his scope and progress with MotherboardNews.com:
“I have been into assembling computers for a long time and after launching, and getting up to a few hundred visitors per day, GeekGold.com quickly became focused on motherboard news.
I figured a new name would help give me focus, hence MotherboardNews.com was born!”
Here’s how it all happened:
- MotherboardNews.com – The domain was purchased in March of 2011. A hand-registered domain!
- The MotherboardNews.com web site was designed using the Thesis theme, an amazing WordPress theme for SEO.
- Launched in mid-April 2011 and within days MotherboardNews.com was up to 50+ visitors per day due to the niche nature of the content.
- Within a month of launch MotherboardNews.com was averaging 500 visitors per day and since June 2011 it has been consistently averaging around 1,000 unique visitors each day!
- Since launch MotherboardNews.com accumulated over 170,000 visitors, pushing out almost 300,000 page views!
- Revenue is not too bad and is probably about normal for a niche site with high PPC.
“Finally, all of this has been carried out solely by me. It took a lot of time to get the design tightened-down at the beginning, but since May I have been solely focused on content and have over 250 published posts. I have not invested in advertising the site and have been relying on providing quality, informative content as I am legitimately interested in the industry.
While it would be great to branch into full reviews of products I haven’t yet had a company carry through with their promise to provide review hardware. Hopefully this will come at some point, but for now I am just having fun posting information about motherboards!“
Congratulations to Cole for putting so much love and effort into his ‘baby’, MotherboardNews.com